Your Questions about Chiropractic Care and Thrive, Answered
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions we get here at Thrive Chiropractic. For other queries, feel free to reach out to us here.
1. What is chiropractic?
Chiropractic care is designed to locate and analyse areas of dysfunction in the spine and nervous system and remove these interferences to normal body function. Think of the scope of chiropractic as the scope of the nervous system. Learn more about chiropractic and its history here and find more articles on our blog.
2. How is it different from medicine, physiotherapy, osteopathy, or Chinese Traditional Medicine (acupuncture, tuina)?
Each field holds a different piece of the puzzle that is the human body. Depending on the school and country of training and practice, the scope of practice will differ.
3. How do I find a suitable chiropractor?
Choosing a doctor for you and your family can be a difficult decision, we suggest you do your own research, schedule a consultation or ask for referrals from people you know and trust. Read this post to learn more.
5. What can I do to take care of my spine if I don’t want to see a chiropractor?
Watching your posture and ergonomics is a big thing because these are micro-traumas that add up. Also, other health-building habits like a balanced diet and staying active help. That said, like how you take care of your teeth and get them checked by a professional regularly, you should your spine too.
6. I have aches and pain, how can chiropractic help me?
Many people have found relief for their aches and pain with chiropractic care. Chiropractic helps in removing joint restriction, reducing nerve interference, restoring brain-body communication, and more. Find out more about pain and chiropractic here.
7. I have no aches or pain, why should I see a chiropractor?
Dysfunction in the spine and nervous system may not always result in symptoms like pain, yet affect how the body functions. Pain and degeneration happen over time. To know if you have such a dysfunction that you can do without, get your spine checked by a chiropractor. More about chiropractic and its many benefits here.
Chiropractic Care at Thrive Chiropractic
1. How can we find out more before committing to care?
You can reach out to us via the contact form here, email (email@example.com), or Whatsapp/text (+65 8883 4712).
You are also welcomed to drop by our office for a chat during office hours, but appointments are preferred to reduce wait time and avoid disappointment. We are located at 809 French Road #02-43, Kitchener Complex, Singapore, 200809. For directions to get here, see here.
2. Does the Initial Visit exam differ for adults and children?
Yes, we have different exams for adults, newborn/infant to walking, walking child to 12 years old. There are different physical exams and cranial nerve and primitive reflex testing will be done for children.
3. How often will I need chiropractic care?
The recommended visit frequency will range from 1-2 times a week (for relief care) to once every 4-6 weeks (for wellness care). The recommended frequency will depend on factors like your condition and goals. We will work with you to develop a personalized plan for your care that meets your specific needs.
4. What do you adjust?
Apart from the spine, we also adjust parts of the skull and extremities like wrists and ankles as clinically indicated.
5. Will x-rays be needed?
Depending on your case history and initial exam, we may require imaging before starting you on care.
6. Why am I referred to another medical provider?
To best meet your healthcare needs, we may refer you for further imaging or studies.
7. How do we know I’ve made progress under chiropractic care?
We will be monitoring your progress over your visits. At various checkpoints, we also have progress exams. More about your Thrive experience here.
8. Can I come in the office just for relief? How soon can I expect to get relief?
Sure! The type of chiropractic care (relief, corrective or wellness) and how often or how long you choose to benefit from chiropractic care is always up to you. The time it takes for relief will depend on how severe or how long you have had the issue.
9. What is the point of maintenance chiropractic care?
Maintenance care helps to prevent problems before they start. Health is something you build every day, not seek it when its lost. Find out more about chiropractic for wellness here.
10. What can I do to get faster relief and better? Why are lifestyle changes important?
Chiropractic is one piece of the puzzle which together with other health-building habits, allow for maximum healing and optimal health. We will make home care recommendations (including active and passive stretches) to accelerate the healing process.
11. Apart from relief, what other benefits can I expect from chiropractic care? Why?
Your body works best with a good nerve supply. More about chiropractic and its many benefits here.
12. Is chiropractic care safe?
Absolutely! We will use techniques tailored specifically for you and provide additional guidance regarding lifestyle habits such as exercise, nutrition, posture, and stress management that can help support your progress. Chiropractic care is also non-invasive and medication-free, making it a safe and effective way to help you look, feel and function optimally.
Chiropractic Care for Specific Groups
1. How can babies and children benefit from chiropractic care?
Childbirth is traumatic not just for mum but also for baby with the tugging and pulling of the head. And children have many falls, twists and bumps as they experience and interact with the world. It’s good to have their spines checked. More about chiropractic for mums and kids here.
2. How do you adjust babies and children?
We adjust by hand or FDA-approved chiropractic adjusting instruments, like we do for adults, but use much lighter pressure. Like pressing on a tomato without causing an indent.
3. Can chiropractic help with scoliosis?
There are many causes of scoliosis, which we can determine with x-ray imaging. Depending on the type, chiropractic may be able to help. Speak to us to find out more.
4. Up to what age is parental/guardian consent required?
In our office, consent is required for all under the age of 21.
5. How can expectant mums benefit from chiropractic care?
Plenty, how does a smoother and more comfortable pregnancy and delivery sound? More about chiropractic for mums and kids here.
6. How do you adjust expectant mums?
The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic sacral analysis and adjustment with the goal of improving the neurobiomechanical function in the sacral/pelvic region and thus pregnancy outcomes. We have pregnancy pillows to support your belly so you can lay face down on our table.
If you are not comfortable laying down, the techniques we practice allow us to adjust in different positions (such as with you seated or standing).
7. How can older adults benefit from chiropractic care?
Chiropractic can help older adults live independently, look after themselves and preserve their health for longer. More about chiropractic care for older adults here.
9. Can you adjust people who cannot lie on the adjusting table?
Yes, the techniques we practice allow us to adjust in different positions (such as with you seated or standing).
10. My head is forward. / My shoulder/hip is tilted. / My feet are flared. Is this a problem and how can chiropractic care help?
Postural imbalances are common but not normal. Like scoliosis, there are many causes of poor posture, which we may be able to determine with x-ray imaging or functional testing. Depending on the type, chiropractic may be able to help, especially in tandem with active and passive stretching and ergonomic changes. Speak to us to find out more.
1. How do I book an appointment at Thrive Chiropractic? Are outside office hours available?
2. When are offsite appointments at my home or workplace available?
Offsite appointments are generally scheduled on days when our office is closed which can be found here. Speak to us about other times.
3. Why can’t I book an offsite appointment at my home or workplace through the online booking platform?
We allow and need more flexibility to book and confirm offsite appointments.
4. I can’t visit your office. Can you come to me instead?
Yes, we offer home or workplace visits.
5. How can I get to your office?
We are located at 809 French Road #02-43, Kitchener Complex, Singapore, 200809. For directions to get here, see here.
6. Is parking available?
Yes. You may park at the HDB Parking Lots including the multi-storey car park at Block 808 French Road. We are easily accessible by bus and MRT with Lavender MRT (East-West Line) within walking distance.
7. Is your office wheelchair accessible?
8. How do onsite and offsite visits differ?
Our office is more fully equipped but the techniques we practice allow us to adjust in different positions (such as with you seated or standing).
9. How much does chiropractic care cost at Thrive Chiropractic?
More about pricing and benefits here.
10. Do you sell pre-paid packages or accept installments?
Yes, we now offer small pre-paid plans/packages. Alternatively you can pay as you use. More about pricing and benefits here.
11. Can I stop coming for visits at anytime?
Yes. The type of chiropractic care (relief, corrective or wellness) and how often or how long you choose to benefit from chiropractic care is always up to you. We will send you reminders from time to time. If more than 6 months has lapsed since your last visit, we may require a full exam when you return.
12. What payment modes are accepted?
We currently only accept PayNow/Paylah (preferred) and cash. If no change is available, the excess will be credited into your account to offset the cost of your next visit.
14. What do I need to do before my first visit?
Schedule an appointment with us here and we will contact you to confirm your appointment and send you the paperwork to fill in online before your appointment. It can also be helpful to write down questions or concerns you may have which we can answer during your visit.
15. Does Insurance cover chiropractic care?
You may wish to use Insurance such as Personal Accident, Travel (Injury) or Employee Benefits. Check with your insurer or agent to find out more. If you have insurance that offers Chiropractic benefits and you intend to submit bills, please let us know during your visit and we will provide you with a statement at the time of checkout that you can submit to your insurance provider. We cannot guarantee that bills and claims will be reimbursed by your insurer.
1. Why and how do you keep fees affordable?
We are always striving to make quality chiropractic care accessible and affordable for everyone. Because everyone can benefit from a good nerve supply. We run a lean operation, leverage the use of technology and stick to having only what is necessary. We appreciate word-of-mouth referrals should you know anyone who can benefit from chiropractic care here at Thrive Chiropractic.
2. Do you provide offsite posture or chiropractic screenings?
Yes! Reach out to us here.
3. Do you provide corporate/school health talks? What topics can you cover?
Yes! Reach out to us here. We can do health, wellness, posture, ergonomics, career talks and more!
4. Do you work with companies to provide corporate services and rates?
Yes! We are all for happy, healthy employees. Reach out to us here.
5. How can we contact Thrive Chiropractic?
More about the many ways you can contact us here. We are located at 809 French Road #02-43, Kitchener Complex, Singapore, 200809. For directions to get here, see here.
7. What do I need to know about privacy at Thrive Chiropractic?
We take your privacy seriously. Personal and health records are kept confidential and will only be shared with your authorization.
8. What COVID-19 prevention measures does Thrive Chiropractic take?
Visits are spaced out and everyone is keep his/her mask on throughout their visit. Hand sanitizer is provided and surfaces will be wiped down after each visit.
At Thrive Chiropractic, the safety of our staff and practice members is our overriding priority and we are committed to adhering to prevailing health guidelines, recommendations and restrictions to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being.
Please keep us updated if any of the following applies:
– You or a household member is currently serving a Quarantine Order (QO) or Stay-Home Notice (SHN), Leave of Absence (LOA) or anything similar.
– You or a household member has been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting to receive test results.
– You or a household member is currently unwell (with fever or flu-like symptoms, cough, sore throat or a loss of the sense of taste/smell).
– You or a household member has had contact or, been notified that you were in close contact, with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days.
Want to take better care of your spine and body?
Recognise what to value and maintain in our lives, which should include your spine.
Learn more about spine and its link to posture!
How can chiropractic help you look, feel and function better?
What is an unhealthy spine and nervous system costing you?
Do you struggle with…
A specific health problem like pain or headaches?
Moving or functioning less than optimally?
Poor posture or feeling stiff?
Poor focus, balance or motor coordination?
These stop you from living your best life. Because you are not able to do the things that matter to you— whether its
- peak performance at work or school,
- caring for yourself and your loved ones, or
- enjoying your favorite hobby or sport to the fullest.
Health is among our most valuable possessions and our bodies are designed to adapt us to survive and thrive. But do you feel like yours is failing you? How would you rate the quality of your life? Are you settling for anything less than your best life?
Beyond Simply Pain Relief.Seeking only pain relief is like taking batteries out of a fire alarm and ignoring the raging fire within. It’s short term, temporary and superficial. There is a better way.
Tackle the Root Cause of your Problem.
You not functioning optimally is costing you and the people you love a great deal. Persistent, poor posture, pain and function is common but not normal. Every day of inaction is costing you a day of being healthy and fulfilled.
Why Thrive Chiropractic?
At Thrive Chiropractic, we know you are the kind of person who wants to thrive, not just survive— to live life to the fullest and enjoy doing the things that matter, both professionally and personally. In order to do that, you need to be healthy and strong.
The problem is you might not look, feel or function your best, and sometimes even feel like your body is failing you. This could be due to an unhealthy spine and nervous system. After all, the nervous system controls all body functions and manages sensations like pain, with the spine protecting the spinal cord, the “brain” outside the skull.
We believe that everyone should have a healthy spine and nervous system so they can function optimally, and live their best life, today and every day. We understand the difference it makes, and how the journey to health and wellness can be challenging, and a marathon, not a sprint. And we are excited to be with you every step of the way.
Thrive Chiropractic is a boutique chiropractic practice that offers personalised care so you can…
- Reach your health and wellness goals
- Experience optimum function in your spine, nervous system, body and life
- Be empowered as you embark on your journey to freedom
Here at Thrive Chiropractic, we help you get well and stay well by checking and adjusting your spine using gentle and specific neurological-based chiropractic corrections and teaching you how to care for your spine. Safe and effective, with no twisting or cracking.
Chiropractic can help— whether you simply want to maintain your health, or have had injuries, or developed chronic problems like neck and back pain, headaches, bulging discs, sciatica and more. It focuses on realigning the spine which protects the spinal cord, a key component of the nervous system which controls all body functions and manages sensations like pain.
Chiropractic is suitable for all ages, is natural, and a less invasive option compared to drugs, jabs and surgery.
It’s easy to get started: Book an Initial Visit, let us Create a Plan then Get Results from your first visit. Share your concerns and let us assess your current health status, so together, we can customize a plan of care to help you achieve your goals. Every visit, we check and adjust your spine, and teach you to care for your spine.
So book your first chiropractic visit today
And experience the difference
a healthy spine and nervous system makes.
- A specific health problem like pain or headaches
- Move or function sub-optimally
- Have a poor posture or feel stiff
- Have poor focus, balance or motor coordination
- Lack of control over health
- Feeling like your body has failed you
- Loss of health and life
- Not able to do the things that matter— whether its for work, school, family or leisure
- Not living your best life
- NO specific health problem like pain or headaches
- Move or function optimally
- Have a good posture or not stiff
- Have good focus, balance or motor coordination
- Good control over health
- Feeling like your body is adapting you to thrive
- Regain health and life
- Able to do the things that matter— whether its for work, school, family or leisure
- Living your best life